Look forward to health and wellness for a life time and analysing goal targets set in the first session.
It is most important to understand where you stand when it comes to health and wellness in terms of the goals set and the goals attained.
1. Get adequate rest daily
– People with the best health and longevity get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep daily.
– Taking time for daily relaxation and recreation is also helpful to the body and mind.
2. Get regular physical activity
– Aim for 30-60 minutes of physical activity on most, preferably all days of the week
– Include strengthening exercise 2+ times per week to maintain a healthy lean body weight
3. Eat more plant based foods
– Aim for at least 5 (up to 9 is recommended) servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
– Limit fatty meats and high cholesterol foods.
– Peas, beans, nuts, and soy foods are good sources of plant proteins.
4. Eat more whole-grain breads and cereals
– Aim for at least 3 servings of whole-grains daily (including brown rice and oatmeal).
– Limit highly refined cereals such as white bread, pastry, white rice, and sugary cereals.
5. Choose healthy fats
– Choose unhydrogenated vegetable oils and trans fat free margarine in place of animal and
solid fats such as butter, hard stick margarine, and shortening.
– Eat at least 1 serving of nuts daily (1 oz of nuts or 2 tablespoons of peanut or almond butter).
– Eat foods high in n-3 fatty acids daily such as flax meal, walnuts, soy, or canola and soy oils.
6. Achieve/Maintain a healthy weight
– A BMI less than 25 is ideal. A BMI of 30 or above indicates obesity and high risk.
– A waist girth less than 37 inches for men and less than 32 inches for women is ideal.
– A waist girth of 40+ inches indicates high risk for men and 35+ inches is high risk for women.
7. Be free of dependence on tobacco, illicit drugs, or alcohol
– 85,000 people die prematurely every year due to alcohol
– Over 400,000 people die prematurely every year from smoking
– Drug use can lead to dependencies that can destroy physical, mental, and spiritual health
8. Maintain a cheerful, hopeful outlook on life
– Choose to see the bright side of life. Be happy. Laugh a lot. Pass on joy and hope to those you
work and live with daily. Get help if you feel sad and depressed for extended periods of time.
9. Spend quality time with family or friends daily
– Supportive relationships build strong hearts and happy minds. Practice a spirit of friendship,
love, and acceptance. Share a kindness with someone you live or work with daily.
10. Take time daily for spiritual renewal
– Plan a quiet time each day to read, pray, meditate, and seek spiritual renewal. A heart primed
with gratitude, forgiveness, and service helps you soar over life’s difficulties and challenges.
Pledge: It is my desire to take the time necessary to make health a personal priority in my life
Before you go, Subscribe to us to get latest news.